This is a beautiful and delicious Tart that is sure to impress with its rich italian tomato flavours mixed with the light lemony cream cheese filling! It is so easy to put together and take to family or friends get togethers... enjoy!
You will need a 8-9″ tart shell (with push-up base) or 4 smaller tart shells for this recipe. As with a lot of raw recipes, you will need to start preparing this recipe at least a day in advance.
- 4 cups cherry tomatoes, cut into halves.
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons Italian herb mix (or mix oregano, basil, thyme and rosemary).
- pinch of salt
- Whisk together olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic and herb mix.
- Toss tomatoes with vinaigrette to coat.
- Place on dehydrator sheets and dehydrate at 145 for 1 hour.
- Reduce heat to 115 and finish dehydrating 6-8 hours or until tomatoes are done.
(Don't worry they are still raw. The food temp never goes above 115 degrees)
- 1¼ cups almonds
- 1½ tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- Dried kale or spinach flakes (dehydrate your kale when you are dehydrating the tomatoes)
- Pinch salt and pepper
- 2-3 tablespoons water (as needed)
*To make the kale flakes, dehydrate 2 cups of kale (you can do this when dehydrating the tomatoes) and when completely dry, crush with your hands.
- Place almonds in food processor. Process until a fine crumb is achieved.
- Add kale, coconut oil and salt and pepper. Pulse to mix. Gradually add water if needed to form a dry dough like consistency. (It is the correct consistency when it is no longer crumbly and begins to clump together in the processor.)
- Pat down into the base (not sides) of an 8-9″ tart shell (with push-up base) or 4 smaller tart shells. Place in the refrigerator.
- 2 cups cashews, soaked overnight in the fridge and drained
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ lemon, juice from
- 1 tablespoon nutritional/savoury yeast (optional) (available at Health food stores) or ½ teaspoon of salt (to taste).
- 5 tablespoons water
- 2 cup spinach (crushed by hand)
- 1 cup marinated tomatoes
- White pepper
- Place cashews, garlic, lemon juice, nutritional yeast and water in high speed blender. Blend until smooth, remove from blender to bowl.
- Stir in crushed spinach and tomatoes.
- Top with a the remaining marinated tomatoes and put in refrigerator until set, approximately 1-2 hours.