- 420 g kidney beans, canned drained 1 tablespoon water or coffee
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 70 g unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon GF baking powder 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 125 g Butter
- 5 eggs
- 180 g sugar
- In your TM puree the beans, water/coffee, I egg and vanilla until smooth. SP 7. Set aside. Beat the butter and sugar SP 5 30 seconds
- Add the remaining eggs & beat for 20 seconds SP 4.
- Add bean mixture SP 4 5 seconds.
- Add the cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and blend SP 4 10 seconds.
- Pour batter into greased ring tin pan and bake MOD oven for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
This GLUTEN FREE / NUT FREE / HIGH PROTEIN cake is wonderfully moist and works with most canned beans. Chickpeas work but they have a bit of a strong taste. If you use a round tin it will take a few minutes longer to bake.
You can also use oil instead of butter to make it dairy free - but butter is better!